Thursday, July 16, 2009

There May Be Some Hope Afterall....

Yesterday I got the call from the doctor's office with my 4th beta number. It had gone back up! I was shocked. It has gone from 956 up to 2,526--down to 2,320--and now back up to 7,945! I am not sure what to think, but I do know that it is highly unlikely that I am miscarrying if my number is going up. My husband suggested I may have ovulated twice, several days apart, and the first one didn't make it. I am saddened by any kind of loss, but if there is hope that there is another one in there.... well let's just say, I would be so thankful if that winds up being the case. I am afraid to get my hopes up too high, though. What a roller coaster ride this has been! Here I thought it was all settled and that miscarriage was inevitable. And now I have reason to hope again.

Life sure does take some unexpected turns sometimes. Which just reminds me that I am not the one in control. I have another doctor appointment on Monday, July 20. Hopefully I will find out something then. I am believing God for a miracle, yet trusting that He knows best no matter what the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment