Monday, July 13, 2009

The Prospect of Being a Mother to Two

I thought my daughter was going to have a sibling in several months. But before I could even get used to the idea, it ended all too quickly. It was confirmed today at the doctor's office that I will miscarry. The sac was still empty, and was beginning to disintegrate.

My emotions have been all over the place. I was so happy at the thought of holding a baby in my arms again. Of going through it all again, only this time being able to savor every moment, because I wouldn't be so busy trying to figure out how it all worked. I'd know what to do.

But that dream has ended, at least for now. It is making me appreciate my daughter even more, if that is even possible. Now I will savor every moment with her even more, and be thankful for every day that I have with her. I believe the day will come when the time will be right for another child. But for now, I will hold my daughter in my arms even tighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment