Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Precious Moments

You know those facial expressions kids give sometimes that are just absolutely priceless? My daughter had one of those yesterday. She wanted some of my diet coke, but I warned her she probably wouldn't like it. She insisted, though, so I let her, and she took a nice, big sip through the straw. Then came the look of utter disgust and confusion. She looked at me like she wondered why in the world I had let her do that. It was too funny for words.

Then last night, she pretended that a cabinet was the dishwasher. Opened up the door, threw in some toys, threw in a dime (I use those dishwasher tabs), closed the door, and said very happily, "Wash dishes!" I didn't see it, unfortunately, but my husband told me about it.

And this morning, there was a moment. I watched her while she was still sleeping. Suddenly she smiled, eyes still tightly shut, then she started sucking on the two middle fingers of one hand, while putting her other hand on top, palm facing out, and said, "Milk!" At first I thought she was waking up, but then quickly realized she was still fast asleep. She was dreaming about milk, her favorite drink in all the world. I smiled and gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek, careful not to wake her.

No comments:

Post a Comment